– It’s not fun working when you feel shit
– It’s not easy to give up coping mechanisms
– It’s not sexy doing work daily
It gets to a point where you have to have a metaphorical – and sometimes physical – look in the mirror to examine the behaviours and actions you are taking (or not taking) and ‘course correcting’ them so you achieve what you set out to
How do you do that?
1) stop doing the things that are holding you back
2) start doing the things you are putting off/need to do to achieve your goals
There gets a point where you don’t need another coaching call…
Another course isn’t going to fix you…
Your problems are solved with food or drink or whatever vices you have
Because after a while – and I’ve learned the hard way – people get bored of your excuses
You just have to take out a mental contract with yourself
And just do the hard work
Get up earlier
Throw out the junk food
Do the calls/emails/posts
Whatever it is?
You KNOW what it is – or isn’t – you need to do
It doesn’t have to be hardcore forever; but some degree of pain and sacrifice IS required to ‘level up’
The ultimate question is
Are YOU prepared to be disciplined for a period of time to get more out of life?
Well, that’s up to you