Fuck Your Gamechanger
I am all for lofty goals, ‘BHAGS’ and pushing both the envelope and ones comfort zone, but in the last few days I have some glorious and spectacular failures; and the level of hubris show has been something else
AND THIS IS COMING FROM ME!
Case in point, a few individuals have:
– declared that their ‘thing’ [seems to be either a) some sort of coaching programme, b) a digital product or c) a retreat as a rule] is going to change the world – THE ENTIRE WORLD NO LESS!!
– It is, of course, a ‘game changer’. Not sure what the game is, but holeeeeee fuck – its gonna change it
– Sprinkle copy & videos with ‘Epic’, ‘Next Level’, ‘ground breaking’, ‘the future of X….’ and possibly ‘the universe asked put me on the planet to do this’
– add liberal dose of false scarcity (this is especially glorious if a digital product, because you know – electrons – expensive as shit!)
Well what now Dan? How do I complete this epic (lol) recipe?
Well you finish off with
– A grand total of fuck all people buying your thing
– garnish with social media posts saying instead of doing the thing, you are now reflecting, making it better, have ebola – whatever
– Wait a month or so, do another fucking daft thing – this one is going to change the GALAXY (oh do shut up)
Christ, even my folks Pug could learn quicker than this, and its really quite dumb (albeit sweet)
I am ALL for making a difference, helping your fellow man, doing your life work and truly ‘going for it’
But what happened to
a) getting really fucking good at something first
b) creating something that people ACTUALLY want
c) helping just ONE person first, then 2, then there – not being a massive bell end and stating:
‘I want to break America with my thing’
How about you break your local town, or try get ONE person online to invest in your first?
Could that be a thing?
Look, what I teach may not be very sexy – but I’ve spent years, many years learning this stuff, and built my audience slowly, organically, with fucks ups, with successes, and never being so arrogant that I think that Im **that** special that EVERYONE HAS TO HEAR MY MESSAGE OH BY THE WAY BUY MY SHIT
I just try do my best
Move the needly forward every day
Help as much as I can
Try not let morons and toxic people bring me down
AND KEEP DOING WHAT I CAN TO GET BETTER
I don’t need to change the world
My philosophy is if, I can leave any interaction with me that the person is better off, inspired, skilled up or event knows that they DONT want to do something
One week away
One digital product
That YOU think is going to change the world
Aint going to do shit – BUT – its CAN change a handful of lives, and they in turn can help others – and THATS awesome
The market, your audience, you audience influence however – that, that is where you get results as they will tell you what they want
And figure out what people actually want
Then give it to them with passion, belief and drive