Entrepreneurs are a special bunch
We will give it all we’ve got and then some on top
And what happens is we will keep going and going and going until we break.
And when we start to break we keep pushing harder to punish ourselves and catch up.
It takes some time to learn to recognise the signs.
I have broken myself plenty of times in the past
I’ll see shifts in how I’m working, how I show up and the content that I put out.
Over time I go from full on content machine to full on silliness and everywhere in between.
And by learning what makes Dan tick, I’ve come to see where I need to ease back, take a change of scene, mix some more fun stuff in my life if it’s gone a bit work heavy.
This is something I can’t give you an exact image of because it looks a little different for each of us.
Here are a few signs to watch out for that give a hint it might be time to pull back and change things up before you burn out
– You content gets massively serious and dry OR you can’t do serious content and it’s all fun stuff
– You’ve stopped things like going to the gym and date nights because you’re constantly busy
– Your sleep pattern has shifted and you’re suddenly crashing early or waking up in the middle of the night
– You’ve been doing lots of videos, webinars and lives till now but you just can’t face hitting the button
– You’re suddenly eating everything…or nothing
As I say, how this shows up is individual.
If those come up, evaluate what you’ve got going on and how you can mix things up before you take yourself down.
And if you do go down – take a think back to how you were working and if any sign showed up so you can add them to your personal list of red flags