Schmooze Like A Pro
by Dan Meredith in Blog Post No Comments
Effort, goes a long way.
In this online world, it’s super easy to send a FB message, an email or a cheeky tweet.
But to offer to drive/train/fly to meet someone for a coffee?
It’s -sigh, sorry for using this phrase -next level stuff.Doesn’t matter what your business or niche is, this WORKS, and it’s something I learned from Big Papa Nige, AKA Dad, that has allowed me to secure some awesome and lucrative contracts, as well as broaden and strengthen my network fast.
- So I have a little exercise for you:
take a piece of paper
- write out 10 people you would like to work for, connect with or JV
- find their postal address, write this down
- craft a compelling 1-page letter with 3 paragraphs
Here’s how to structure the letter:
- paragraph 1: intro, reference something they have done/published/their business has achieved, etc.
- paragraph 2: segue into why you’re messaging them (be relevant, match your skills to what you think they could need)
- paragraph 3: close into offering to come visit them and take them out for coffee to discuss further (possibly be cheeky with suggested dates, or an alternative close, if you have the balls/lady-balls)
Then hand write the name, signature, and letter address on the envelope -I prefer to use a fountain pen.
If you are feeling ‘baller’ go ahead and add a ‘P.S.’ with what YOU are going to do next, or a stronger CTA.
Then get that letter registered/recorded and see what happens.
Now don’t be afraid to follow up in a week, and if you can’t get the address an email is OK -but make sure you have an epic-as-balls subject line.
(And don’t use any language that will get you dumped in spam).
That’s how you can turn £10 into £1,000’s
Take people out for a coffee, show some effort (I went to NYC for a COFFEE once and that turned into a whole new biz, just a heads up).
Oh and the ‘platinum’ version?
Replace ‘coffee’ with ‘lunch’.
^^^ this works especially well with influencers and those you want to learn from; just make sure you don’t take the pi$$ .
Give it a spin, let me know what happens?
Wirte, Blogger, Entrepreneur.
Want to know how I get more done in a week than most do in a month, AND have fun doing it?
Then do me a favour? Whack your details in below - and I’ll send you an email every day for 7 days straight telling you exactly how I #getshitdone; all while working less hours, making more money and actually having a life!
most popular posts
The Ultimate BE PRODUCTIVE Blog Post
19 January, 2017
My Top 10 Books For Entrepreneurs
16 October, 2016
Your Ideal Life – What Do You ACTUALLY Need To Live It?
3 October, 2017
The Doorman Tip (And The Power Of ‘What If’)
4 December, 2016