What USED to make you happy VS what makes you happy NOW
I was sitting in the gym today
Couple of young ‘BRO’s’ next to me; was funny overhearing them talk about big lifts and trying to figure out how to make a girl like them and getting on it on the weekend
Shit I probably used to care about
I just don’t anymore
What used to make me happy?
- closing all the money
- being ‘jacked’
- VIP at clubs
- sex/‘dangerous’ women
- getting wasted on a weekend
- eating myself (nearly) sick on junk food binges
- what people thought of me/being cool
- hanging out with the family/making Anna smile (I’ve always liked this tbh)
- a long motorbike ride with music on
- heading out to sea on the jet ski and killing the engine
- the silence of a spa or good film
- truly changing someone’s life
- finding a new meme
- making someone laugh
^^^ that list isn’t exhaustive (and money is still fucking awesome and I’m sure I’ll like ladies again one day after the ‘clamnesty’/if I can be bothered again)
Shit that I used to feel I needed to be happy just doesn’t do it for me anymore
For me once I achieved it the ‘happiness’ was often short lived and off on to the next bigger better version
What about you have you found what makes you happy now?
Have you found it changes as you got older?
I’m just intrigued
What makes YOU happy?